Posted on August 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM
Naturally, most literary agents are located in Toronto in close proximity to the country’s major publishing houses. A few established agencies have been omitted due to closed rosters unable to accommodate new clients, but the majority of prominent agencies with their key representatives are listed here:
- Acacia House Publishing Services (Brantford); Frances or Bill Hanna
- The Bukowski Agency (Toronto); Denise Bukowski
- The Cooke Agency (Toronto); Elizabeth Griffin
- Arnold Gosewich, Literary Agent & Consultant (Toronto); Arnold Gosewich
- Anne McDermid & Associates (Toronto); Anne McDermid
- Pamela Paul Agency (Toronto); James Gordon — referral required
- Beverly Slopen Literary Agency (Toronto); Beverly Slopen
- Carolyn Swayze Literary Agency (White Rock, BC); Carolyn Swayze or Kris Rothstein
- Transatlantic Literary Agency (Toronto); Lynn Bennett
- Westwood Creative Artists (Toronto); ?
- Woolf & Lapin (Montreal); Stephan Dubreuil — email only
For extensive listings, consult Writer’s Digest’s 2010 Guide to Literary Agents.